Program. This program
emphasizes care that prevents illnesses rather than waiting for an
illness to strike. In general, as pet care improves, the quality of
life of the pet and its owner also improves.
- Comprehensive Physical Examinations
- Kitten and Adult vaccinations.
- Routine intestinal parasite checks done twice annually
- Feline Leukemia testing and vaccination.
- Other feline serology for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV),
Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) and Toxoplasmosis.
- Nutritional Counseling
- Routine blood work screening starting at 2 years of age and
becoming an annual part of the program when the pet reaches 6 years
- Routine urinalysis on the same schedule as #6 above.
- Routine chest and abdominal radiographs (x-rays) done every 1-2
Services. Good oral
health increases the pet’s wellbeing, adds to its longevity, and
makes the pet more pleasant to be around.
- Oral/dental examinations
- Dental cleaning, polishing, and fluoride treatments
- Dental radiology (x-rays)
- Fracture repair
- Root canal (endodontic) therapy
Surgery. As for
us, surgery is occasionally needed for our pets. Our surgical suite
features a LASER SURGERY UNIT, a positive pressure ventilator, EKG
monitor, breathing monitor, as well as a portable heart rate and
blood pressure monitor.
- Ovariohysterectomies (spays) and neuters
- Laceration repair and abscess treatments
- Tumor removal and biopsies
- Orthopedic or bone surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Eye/ear surgery
- Reproductive surgery
- Oral/Periodontal surgery
Early detection of disease is often due to lab work. We offer:
- In house laboratory for blood chemistry, complete blood counts,
fecal examinations, serological testing for Feline Leukemia
- Outside laboratory for more sophisticated testing with access to
specialists in various areas of feline medicine and surgery.
- Diagnostic ultrasound.
- Full radiological (x-ray) services
- Electrocardiography for heart related problems.
- MedRx Vetscope for visual exams of ear canals, dental conditions,
and photographic record of health issues.
stresses an owner/pet relationship like behavior problems. If
unchecked, these problems can lead to medical problems.
Counseling and treatment for problems such as inappropriate
anxiety, aggressiveness, and depression.
Over grooming problems
Referrals to obedience schools and trainers
Anesthesia. Never totally without risk, anesthesia is
utilized on a case by case basis. Age, species, breed, and physical
condition dictate the anesthetic of choice. We utilize a variety of
anesthetic agents, including Sevoflurane, which is used in many
human hospitals for pediatric, high risk, patients. We offer
pre-anesthetic blood testing to further increase the safety of our
anesthesia. We also use heart, respiratory, and blood
pressures monitors while our patients are under anesthesia.
Pharmacy. We maintain an inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins,
shampoos, flea and tick medications to meet you pet's individual
Emergency Care: Please call our main telephone number for
instructions for after-hour emergencies