Program. This program
emphasizes care that prevents illnesses rather than waiting for an
illness to strike. In general, as pet care improves, the quality of
life of the pet and its owner also improves.
- Comprehensive Physical Examinations.
- Routine intestinal parasite checks done twice annually
- Nutritional Counseling
- Routine blood work screening starting at 2 years of age and
becoming an annual part of the program when the pet reaches 6 years
- Routine urinalysis on the same schedule as #6 above.
- Routine chest and abdominal radiographs (x-rays) done every 1-2
- Routine beak, nail, and wing trimming in birds, and nail trimming
Surgery. As for
us, surgery is occasionally needed for our pets. Our surgical suite
features a LASER SURGERY UNIT, a positive pressure ventilator, EKG
monitor, breathing monitor, as well as a portable heart rate and
blood pressure monitor.
- Ovariohysterectomies (spays) and neuters
- Laceration repair and abscess treatments
- Tumor removal and biopsies
- Orthopedic or bone surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Eye/ear surgery
- Reproductive surgery
- Oral/Periodontal surgery in applicable species.
Early detection of disease is often due to lab work. We offer:
- In house laboratory for blood chemistry, complete blood counts,
- Outside laboratory for more sophisticated testing with access to
specialists in various areas of exotic medicine and surgery.
- Diagnostic ultrasound.
- Full radiological (x-ray) services
- Electrocardiography for heart related problems.
- MedRx Vetscope for detailed exams and photographic
record of health issues.
stresses an owner/pet relationship like behavior problems. If
unchecked, these problems can lead to medical problems.
Counseling and treatment by Dr. Butler
Referrals to behavior consultants and trainers
Anesthesia. Never totally without risk, anesthesia is
utilized on a case by case basis. Age, species, breed, and physical
condition dictate the anesthetic of choice. We use a variety of
anesthetic agents, including Sevoflurane which is used in many
human hospitals for pediatric, high risk, patinets.We also use
heart, respiratory, and blood pressures monitors, where possible,
while our patients are under anesthesia.
Pharmacy. We maintain an inventory of pharmaceuticals, and
vitamins to meet you pet's individual needs.
Emergency Care: Please call our main telephone number for
instructions for after-hour emergencies